Work-Study Application Submission
CMCS - Work Study
Our VA Work-Study student assistants are customer service representatives, assisting with the dissemination of general information regarding military benefits and/or services, providing assistance to students with general inquiries about military benefits via phone, email, or in person.
- Application is available in the form here.
- See sample below. School site and work-study site must be listed as "Cal Poly Tech"
- Submit the completed application here.
Applicants must be a current Cal Poly student using VA benefits:
- enrolled at least three-quarter time
- in your second quarter or beyond
- have a significant understanding of federal, state and local resources. The best applicant is someone who uses the CMCS regularly and who has shown an ability and willingness to offer assistance to other military-connected students
- must show up to their shifts on time and be available throughout their shift. Excessive tardiness and absences will result in dismissal and non-hiring in future quarters.
Applications can be submitted 45 days prior to the start of each quarter. Students must reapply every quarter. Students must certify their units for the upcoming quarter BEFORE an application for VA Work-Study can be submitted on their behalf. Ask questions here!